I'm a nerd. I love all things Harry Potter (I'm a Hufflepuff). I love good books and great writers (Stephen King!). I love to bake cupcakes. I also love to sew clothes and to be crafty in general. I love music (especially Josh Ritter), good TV shows, and an eclectic mix of movies. Oh and I believe in yesterday (and Sherlock) :D
We’ll stick together through it all.
I’ve been stuck in a really negative place for the last week. So many of my favorite women in the YouTube and wrock community have told their painful stories of abuse within this family I love so much. But we’ve come together and supported them. We won’t fall. We’ll stick together through it all.
I want to share some positive fandom moments that help me see some light in all this darkness. It may feel like voldemort is crashing our party but unlike him, the weapon we have is love.
1. Seeing RiddleTM perform “For Jo,” the first wizard rock song I ever heard, live and sobbing and looking behind me to see Brian Ross of Draco and the Malfoy’s sobbing and sharing a teary smile with him.
2. The entire audience of Wrockstock singing “the weapon we have is love” led by Brian after Catchlove’s final show ever. We were all filled with an amazing amount of love and in that moment we felt infinite.
3. Driving to see The Whomping Willows play a house party in Hammond, LA and going with heather to buy Matt a case of beer in exchange for him playing “Crawl Through my Treehole” and him borrowing my iphone with a cracked screen to listen to the song to remember the lyrics and getting back an Matt apoligizing profusely cause he thought he had broken my phone.
4. Being Matt’s Hattiesburg chapter of the Neville Longbottom Dancers with wantthepharaohs.
5. Dancing with people aged 2-80 to JFF in the Oak Grove Public Library and getting made fun of by 8yr olds for being in my 20s and dancing to laurenfairweather thewhompingwillows italktosnakes and JFF.
7. Screaming “Brotherly Love” with Gred and Forge at leakycon Chicago.
8. Waking up at the crack of dawn to do yoga with evylynchh
9. Having a “Once More With Feeling” sing along at the World of Whedon panel
10. Having an intense discussion of a:tla and Korra with Mark Reads HP and 5 strangers.
11. Blasting Wrock in wantthepharaohs car on the way to a bajillion wrock concerts.
12. Getting frakfraco to draw an awesome bat earred fox patronus for me (which will turn into a tattoo on July 31 :)
14. Wizarding World with wantthepharaohs and her amazing family.
15. Sneaking in 30 bottles of butterbeer for all my friends to see the 6th hp movie and not even being mad after the movie cause I felt like Winky :P
I love this fandom. We will defeat the voldemorts and end up stronger. It’s real for us. Wizard Party Forever y’all.
Reblogged from melissaanelli :
Y’all I like Scandal and all….but …. I just want Jed Bartlett back. Best fake pres ever.
On “Who is your favorite Disney princess?”
Hmmm that’s tough, because not all of Disney’s female characters were necessarily Princesses. I could go on a long rant like I usually do- but shooting from the hip, I’m gonna say I love Esmerelda from “Hunchback.” Maybe because she was the first female non-princess that I remember seeing. She was a gypsy- a total badass. She was sexy, but not objectified. All of her banter with Phoebus was totally cool and you always kinda felt like she was running the show. And not a princess. If you had to put her in a cage match against all the other Disney princesses, I don’t think it’d be a fair fight. But then again, why would you ever want any of them to fight? They’d probably all just wanna hang out and be cool with each other, and swap stories about all the cool shit they’ve done.
Reblogged from prepstergrunge :
We all know what it’s like to be spellbound.
We started with the young boy with the scar on his forehead, who lived in a cupboard under the stairs. The boy who sensed and maybe even hoped that there was a world where he could be loved and respected. A world with friends and…
Reblogged from isthistoosubtlefordanica :
These are thoughts.
These are the thoughts of a fangirl, of a feminist, and of a member of this community,
These are the thoughts of a girl who was once in an extremely emotionally manipulative and coercive relationship.
But most importantly to the context of this situation, these are the…
Theme by Lauren Ashpole